11.05.2014

Let´s get the project started


Hello dear readers of this blog!

My name is Kata and I just became a volunteer at Outward Bound Romania. I have the honour of writing the first post on this blog. 

I am from Slovakia and I am 26 years old. After I graduated I moved to Budapest and started to work as a designer of heating systems. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me as I expected, so I decided to broaden my horizons by doing volunteer work. I always enjoyed working with people, especially with teenagers and children. Working here is a great opportunity to learn more about it. I hope that during the project I can develop my leadership abilities and gain my self-confidence.

Something about me:

I grew up in a small village near to Kosice therefore the nature was always close to me. I love taking long walks, hiking, jogging. I enjoy going out with my friends, having fun, dancing. I also like cooking and according to my friends I am quite good at it. (Well, nobody had died yet, so I consider it as a big success :) ) My other passion is handcraft especially jewellery making. I also enjoy knitting, suiting, painting in fact I love every activity which needs creativity.
Furthermore my family is really important to me. I adore my parents, I am absolutely grateful to them for their support. I have a younger brother and sister who I can also rely on. Without them I wouldn’t be here.

My first days:

Firstly I have to mention this lovely city. I haven’t seen much of it, but I already felt in love with the main square. I have a weakness for the seccesion, so I am absolutely impressed by the charming colorful buildings.
I really appreciate the warm welcome and support of my colleagues, they are kind and helpful. My first impression about the project is definitively positive. I am looking forward to see what the next 9 months will bring.

I will be back in a short time to share with you my newest experiences.


I have already taken some photos of my favourite buildings of the main street, enjoy them!

The Palace of Culture
The Old City Hall

Ortodox Cathetral
Park 
 National Theatre Targu Mures
An adorable building in the center






No comments:

Post a Comment